What the brewery says
Ringwood’s strongest and best-known beer, Old Thumper has won many awards, most notably Champion Beer of Britain in 1988.
Ringwood’s most iconic beer was first brewed in late 1979 without a name. A competition in the local press inspired Joe Leedham from Broadstone, Dorset to come up with a suitable suggestion!
- SIBA NW 2017 Gold, Small Pack Premium Lagers & Pilsners
- Gold SIBA NW 2016, Bottle Premium Lager & Pilsners
- CAMRA Cumbria Beer of the Year 2014, Bronze medal, Speciality Beers (cask)
- SIBA National Keg Premium Pale & Golden Lagers 2012 Silver
- SIBA North Bottled Speciality Beers 2012 Bronze
Peppery, spicy aroma with a hint of apples.
Luscious balance of grain and hop in the mouth.
Bitter sweet with delicate fruit notes.